Crescent Solitaire - Free Online Card Game
'Crescent Solitaire' is a free online card game available on all digital devices. You can play it directly on a computer, tablet or smartphone, without having to download an app. 'Crescent Solitaire' is a fun, easy to learn online game that all players will enjoy because of its simplicity.
The game area includes three separate zones: the 'tableau' (a semi-circular area at the center of the screen), the 'ascending foundations' and the 'descending foundations', at the bottom of the screen.
You can drag and drop the cards to their intended destination, or just click them to trigger an automatic move. The clean user interface allows you to mute the sound, to start a new game, to shuffle the 'tableau', to undo the last action or to be shown a hint.
Each 'Crescent Solitaire' session starts by randomly dealing 2 decks of 52 cards.
The top cards on the 'tableau' can be moved from one pile to another only if the moving card and the card on top of the pile belong to the same suit (diamonds, spades, heartsor clubs) and if the moving card is one rank higher or lower than the pile's top card. So, a 5 of spades can be moved over a 4 of spades or on top of a 6 of spades. When a card is removed from the 'tableau', the card below it is unveiled, which gives more playable cards to the player.
The cards from the 'tableau' can be placed on top of the ascending or the 'descending foundations' as long as they belong to the same suit and are one rank higher or lower, depending on the foundation, than the card currently at the top of the pile. It is also possible to move cards from an 'ascending foundation' to a 'descending foundation' and inversely, as long as the same hierarchy principle is followed.
The end goal is to move all 104 cards on the foundations in less than 20 minutes!
'Crescent Solitaire' is different from other online games because you can play it directly without the need to register. The game launches immediately after the player opens the website with a browser (Chrome, Safari, Edge, Firefox…). Its user interface is simple and user-friendly, even novice players can learn the basics of this solitaire game very quickly. The beginners looking to learn more quickly can access the rules of the game directly from the home page. If they're stuck, the players can get up to 5 hints (contextual help) and can shuffle the 'tableau' three times.
The seasoned players who also know this game by the name 'Refuge Solitaire' will enjoy deploying multiple strategies to win without the help of a hint and without reshuffling the 'tableau'.
A deeper dive into crescent-solitaire.com
Common questions asked about www.crescent-solitaire.com
1. How do I play Crescent Solitaire?Crescent Solitaire, also known as 'Refuge Solitaire,' is a single-player online game that involves 104 cards. The playing area consists of three areas: the tableau, the ascending foundations, and the descending foundations. The goal of the game is to move all the cards onto the foundations. You can move cards of the same suit from the tableau to the foundations or from one pile of the tableau to another. The ascending foundations require stacking cards in ascending order, while the descending foundations require stacking cards in descending order. The tableau allows you to draw cards that can be moved to the foundations.
2. What are the rules for moving cards in Crescent Solitaire?In Crescent Solitaire, you can move cards from one pile of the tableau to another as long as you follow certain rules. The cards must be of the same suit and must be one higher or lower in value. For example, you can place a 3 of hearts on a 2 of hearts or a 4 of hearts. You can also place an Ace on a 2 or on a King of the same suit, and a King on an Ace or on a Queen of the same suit. It's important to note that time is limited in the game, so make your moves strategically.
3. What are the different areas in Crescent Solitaire?Crescent Solitaire consists of three distinct areas: the tableau, the ascending foundations, and the descending foundations. The tableau is where you initially place the cards and draw from to make moves. The ascending foundations require you to stack cards in ascending order (Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen, King). The descending foundations, on the other hand, require you to stack cards in descending order (King, Queen, Jack, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, Ace). Understanding these areas will help you strategize and plan your moves effectively.
4. Can I only move cards to the foundations in Crescent Solitaire?No, in Crescent Solitaire, you can also move cards from one pile of the tableau to another. However, there are rules that must be followed. The cards you move must be of the same suit, and they must be one higher or lower in value. This allows for more flexibility in making moves and can help you create new opportunities to clear the tableau and complete the game.
5. Is there a time limit in Crescent Solitaire?Yes, time is limited in Crescent Solitaire. The game requires you to make strategic moves within a certain timeframe. This adds an element of challenge and urgency to the game, making it more exciting and engaging. It's important to plan your moves carefully and efficiently to maximize your chances of completing the game within the given time limit.
Some reasons to choose crescent-solitaire.com
Beautiful Mountain ViewsImmerse yourself in the stunning panoramic view of the mountains and the lake while playing Crescent Solitaire. Enjoy the peaceful and serene atmosphere as you take a break from your busy day.
Challenging GameplayCrescent Solitaire offers a unique and engaging gameplay experience. With 104 cards and three distinct areas to play on, you'll be faced with exciting challenges and strategic decisions to make.
Simple ObjectiveThe goal of Crescent Solitaire is straightforward - move all the cards onto the foundations. This simplicity allows players of all skill levels to enjoy the game without feeling overwhelmed.
Multiple Ways to Move CardsIn Crescent Solitaire, you have the freedom to move cards from the tableau to the foundations or from one pile of the tableau to another. This flexibility adds an extra layer of strategy and allows for creative moves.
Time-Limited GameplayChallenge yourself to complete the game within a limited time frame. The time constraint adds an element of urgency and excitement, making each move crucial and keeping you engaged throughout the game.
Website providing a free Crescent Solitaire game. Website includes game, contact form.
Site last visited by us on...
29 November 2023
Average page load time
Snapshots of crescent-solitaire.com may include domain name holding pages